For Immediate Release: Oct. 2, 2018
Information Contact: Darren Rux (208) 332-3575, ext. 3074
If you or someone you know is interested in a residential construction career, the Idaho Department of Labor has several carpentry apprenticeship opportunities available in the Treasure Valley.
These entry-level positions are full time with wages ranging from $11.68 to $14.09 an hour.
Apprentices will learn how to use the tools of the trade, work site safety, building, rough framing, outside finishing, inside framing and an array of other construction related skills.
- Ability to handle a busy work schedule while going to school.
- Applicants MUST have their own reliable transportation to and from job sites.
- Be capable of working outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Strong math and measurement skills.
- A desire to start a career as a skilled carpenter.
- Must have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- Dependable and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work on ladders.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to bend, twist, lift, reach and kneel repetitively throughout the day.
- More than a year of construction experience of any kind.
- Experience using construction power and hand tools.
- Proven ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Capable of reading and understanding blueprints.
- Experience estimating tools and materials needed for a job.
For more information, contact Darren Rux at (208) 332-3575 ext. 3074 or email a resume directly to him at Darren.Rux@labor.idaho.gov.
This apprenticeship program is offered through the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
— end —