For Immediate Release: Nov. 23, 2022
Media Contact: Tyler.Smith@labor.idaho.gov
Idaho employers with fewer than 500 employees can save money and respond quickly, easily and accurately to unemployment insurance claims filed against their account by using an online e-response system available through the Idaho Department of Labor.
Businesses that register with the State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) will be assigned a personal identification number (PIN). Once they are signed up, they will automatically receive an email when employees stop working for them and file for unemployment benefits.
Each email includes a website address. Employers use their PIN to access and respond to a request. When finished, SIDES sends a confirmation number and a PDF for employer records.
In order to use this service, employers must respond to benefit claims requests in seven days. If there is a disagreement and employers don’t respond in this timeframe, they may be charged for benefits paid until the claim is appealed.
SIDES Benefits for Employers:
- It’s free.
- Prevent mistakes with a response format used nationwide.
- Confirm data and check for completeness.
- Get requests and respond faster.
- Receive confirmation notices.
- Reduce follow-up phone calls, mail and email.
- Reduce postage costs and paper use.
- Avoid mail delivery delays.
- Improve fraud detection and reduce improper payments.
- Reduce the number of appeal hearings.
Sign up for SIDES E-Response at www.labor.idaho.gov/SIDES.