A: You are correct; extended unemployment insurance benefits are scheduled to end December 30, 2012, which means no more extended benefit payments each week.
We all know winter is a tough time to be looking for work in Idaho, which is why now is a good time to take advantage of the many Labor services available to help you find a job:
- Résumés that highlight your skills, knowledge and abilities;
- Training resources to help upgrade your skills;
- Job interview assistance including how to organize your thoughts and present yourself as a strong, confident candidate;
- Answering difficult questions about your work history;
- Overcoming barriers you think may be preventing you from getting hired; and
- Using social media to network your way into your next job.
All of these services and more – like job clubs, professional networking groups and every workshop we offer – are available to the public at no cost.
Yes, a good job can still be hard to find in today’s economy, but we see new job listings every day, so give us a call or visit your nearest local office.