Information provided in this article is from professional sources, news releases, weekly and daily newspapers, television and other media.
North Central Idaho
South Central Idaho
NORTHERN IDAHO – Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai & Shoshone counties
- The Idaho Division of Veteran Services plans to proceed with construction of a 64-room home for veterans in Post Falls. The 83,000-square-foot skilled nursing facility is slated for completion in 2022. It will be Idaho’s fourth veterans home and the first in northern Idaho. Source: Journal of Business
- Redevelopment of the former Atlas Mill site in Coeur d’Alene is underway, with the first phase now scheduled for the first half of 2021 to include a mix of housing. The first development phase includes 24 townhomes, 54 single family homes and 93 multifamily units along with a mix of retail and office space. Altogether, this first phase of construction will use four of the Atlas Mill site’s 13 development plats. Source: Journal of Business
- Kenworth Trucks is planning to build a new facility in Post Falls to offer parts, sales, service and leasing. Source: Coeur d’Alene Press
- Maverick Gas Station
- Olive’s Pastry
- Dirt Kart
- Linden Coffee Company
- Panhandle Cone & Coffee
- Once Upon A Fairytale
- TK Lighting Design
- Ziply Fiber Services
- Becky’s Sewing Center
- Ventura Stone
- SuperSprings International
Sam.Wolkenhauer@labor.idaho.gov, regional economist
Idaho Department of Labor
(208) 457-8789 ext 4451 Continue reading
December’s economic data showed that Idaho continued to progress in what has become one of the fastest economic recoveries in the country, following the economic shock of the COVID pandemic in the spring months of 2020. Idaho’s nonfarm jobs continued their recovery and are now slightly above the breakeven point for the year, with total nonfarm jobs now exceeding the totals reached in December 2019.
Idaho’s total nonfarm jobs grew by 4,900 (0.6%) to 773,700 for December 2020. Substantial gains in trade, transportation and utilities (+2,400) as well as leisure and hospitality (+1,800) drove the increases, although most of Idaho’s major sectors enjoyed gains in December.
For Immediate Release: Feb. 3, 2021
Media Contact: Darlene Carnopis, Darlene.firstname.lastname@example.org
Idaho businesses are again being solicited by private companies to pay for required labor law posters that the Idaho Department of Labor provides online for free.
Employers are encouraged to place the legally mandated posters on safety, wages and discrimination in the workplace where they can easily be seen by employees.
A complete package of all the posters Idaho businesses are required to display can be downloaded for free from the Labor Department website.
For Immediate Release: Feb. 2, 2021
Media Contact: Josefina Robles, Josefina.Robles@labor.idaho.gov
The Idaho Department of Labor’s Caldwell office is holding a drive-thru job fair from 1-4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 8. The event will be held in the office parking lot at 4514 Thomas Jefferson St., rain or shine.
Employers participating are AT&T, Valor Global, Continuum Global Solutions, Teleperformance and PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy. The businesses combined have more than 150 job openings for customer service representatives or customer care associates. Some of the jobs are temporary work-from-home jobs because of the COVID-19 pandemic and others are permanent work-from-home opportunities.