For Immediate Release: March 3, 2020
Information Contact: Renee Bade, (208) 332-3578 ext. 4061
Serve Idaho, the Governor’s Commission on Service and Volunteerism, is seeking applicants to serve a three-year term as a commissioner. The mission of Serve Idaho is “to inspire and recognize volunteers and empower communities through service and AmeriCorps to solve Idaho’s unmet needs.”
The commission is seeking the following applicants:
- A representative of business.
- A representative from a national service program.
- An individual with expertise in the educational, training and development needs of youth, particularly disadvantaged youth.
- A representative with experience in promoting the involvement of older adults (age 55 and older) in service and volunteerism.
- A youth between the ages of 16 and 25 who is a participant in or supervisor of a service program for school-age youth, a campus-based program or national service program.
Serve Idaho seeks applicants from across the state to fill the vacant positions. To learn more about commissioner requirements go to https://serveidaho.gov/commissioners/faqs. All interested applicants should contact Renee Bade at email@example.com.
Serve Idaho, a division of the Idaho Department of Labor, encourages voluntary public service and volunteerism throughout the state. It administers Idaho’s National Service Program, AmeriCorps, provides technical assistance in volunteer management and celebrates the outstanding contributions of Idaho’s volunteers with the annual Idaho’s Brightest Stars awards program. The Serve Idaho Commission is funded in part by the Corporation for National and Community Service and the Idaho Department of Labor.